Stainless Steel Slow Feeder Dog Bowl – Training the dog to eat slowly is not easy. Often the pets gulp the food once at a time which is not good for its health. Such a sloppy drinker and messy eater have a bigger risk of suffering from bloat. It damages the internal organ that is considered as the major result of sudden death. Moreover, if you let the dog do training section directly after eating. This would make the bloat chance bigger.
How to Stop Bloating in Dogs?
Know Which Type of Dog that Has Greater Risk
Some dogs are more likely to have bloat which typically happened to the larger chested dog breeds like Blood Hounds, Weimaraner, Standard Poodles, Boxer, Labrador Retriever and so on. By this way, you treat your dog to prepare for such condition with good training and treatment to help them behave well before and after eating.
Know the Signs of Bloat in Dogs
Bloating occurs very sudden. Generally, it happens in the middle age or sometimes the older dogs. As we have mentioned before, when the dog eats and drinks too fast, the chance of suffering from bloating will be bigger. This means the dogs gulping too much food and drink too much. If you find these condition, you have to be careful:
- The dogs drool too much followed by a restless act.Besides, your pet also looks anxious as well.
- It also looks at the stomach very often and anxious. Trying to vomit is another sign of bloating.But the dog often fails to vomit the food.
- Try to touch the stomach, as the dog experiences bloating, it often feels uncomfortable as you touch it.
- When the symptoms is getting worse, your pup may collapse, having a rapid heartbeat, pale gums, weak and experience short breath.
How to Prevent Bloating in Dogs?
Stainless Steel Slow Feeder Dog Bowl
Using the stainless steel slow feeder dog bowl is a must. It can slow down the dog’s eating habit so the pup will not gobble up the food and gulp too much which will make the stomach overloaded. the stainless steel l slow feeder dog bowl is designed with puzzle shape for both food and water bowls. This is really effective to train your dog to eat slowly.
Why Should be a Stainless Steel Slow Feeder Dog Bowl?
The stainless steel slow feeder dog bowl is considered the safest material.It is less harmful compared to other products like plastic and melanin. Besides, stainless steel is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, oven and microwave safe so you have no worries about such things.
Is the Stainless Steel Slow Feeder Dog Bowl Enough?
Using the stainless steel slow feeder dog bowl actually is only prevention. When your pet is experiencing bloating, you should do other procedures to help it.
- Don’t use the raised bowl when the vet don’t suggest. Even though the elevated dog bowl is proven to help the digestion process, as the dog suffers from bloat, it doesn’t help.
- Don’t let the dog play too much before and after meals.
- Use the stainless steel slow feeder dog bowl with a few amount of food.
- Ensure your pup drink slowly and give the normal amount of water.